My son and his cousin love their Strider Bikes. And my dad is teaching them to race. Strider Bikes The Strider Bike is an awesome product. It’s the only toddler running bike that I’ve seen that is adjustable for 1 year olds and 3 year olds. I wrote a review of Strider’s pedal-less kick bikes [...]
I’m all for being a proud dad, but you can’t take a diaper bag to a monster truck show. In that snarling, spark spewing, ripped t-shirt wearing melee of fuel and dirt and cotton candy, there is no room for a murse. If I had the biceps I would have rolled a diaper up in [...]
This was a good morning for being a dad up early reading stuff on the internet and watching the sun rise. Also for coffee, but then every morning is great for coffee. When I was a kid I spent a lot of time skiing, hiking, climbing and riding bikes with my dad. This is of [...]
This ski season, though the driest on record for Tahoe ski resorts, has been the best ski season of my life. Last year I got some tips on teaching toddlers to ski from my friend Kevin, who has two kids a little older than mine who are ripping big time this year, and my dad, [...]
I’ve always loved snow. It’s magical surface to walk through, sculpt, slide across and eat by the handful. My son loves snow too and as it falls and we explore the ranch we live on I see him discover and experience the wonder of snow the way I remember it. It’s wonderful to see. It’s [...]
It was cold in the trees as we tromped through the snow. I carried a backpack, a sled dangling from one hand and my son stepping carefully down the crusty snow holding onto the other. We stopped at the edge of the trees above the dry basin of the small lake. I dropped the foam [...]
When I was growing up our TV had doors. There was a litle red button I had to pull, followed by a pop and hum of the cathode ray tube heating up as the picture slowly appeared on the screen. The only thing digital was the red LCD numerical readout that told you what channel [...]
A friend of mine works at Aspen Snowmass and made this video of a skiing santa. My son liked it: Happy Holidays from Aspen/Snowmass from Aspen/Snowmass on Vimeo. A lot of ski resorts have a skiing santa day. Out home mountain, Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe, had Santas the daw we went up and shot [...]
Mike over at Secret Dad Society is experimenting with flying a kit with a camera attached to it. I’ll be following his experiments as I’ve always wanted to do this too! First Attempt at Kite Aerial Photography (KAP) « Secret Dad Society. just started dabbling in Kite Aerial Photography (KAP), and I’ve found that once you experience [...]
This ski season has been AMAZING so far! While the snow in the backcountry has been less than awesome, and I have yet to get a really good day of skiing for myself, I’ve had my son out 3 times so far and he is officially a real skier! I have a great group of [...]
- GoNuclear: Mike -- I see your point, but that's not what I t...
- GoNuclear: Congressman Barton isn't actually employing the s...
- Mike Henderson: Breck, First, if he's citing a biblical flood as...
- GoNuclear: If scientific literacy were universal, then Congre...
- mshtexas: I am really enjoying this website. Ridiculous vid...
- Dad Gear: REI Kingdom 6 Tent May 10, 2012
- GoPro Tips and Tools for Dads September 20, 2012
- Dad Gear: REI Camp Pack-N-Prep Tote/Table June 21, 2012
- A Tooth Brushing Adventure November 7, 2012
- Toilet Snorkel December 15, 2011
- Dad Gear: REI Nesting Tableware Set May 13, 2013
- The Third May 9, 2013
- How Bikes Are Made April 23, 2013
- Strider Bike Racers April 22, 2013
- Book Haul: The Big Bad Book of Beasts by Michael Largo April 18, 2013