My brother in law sent me this 17 minute video from 1945 showing the making of the classic Raleigh steel bicycles in England. What’s amazing about industrial manufacturing that you see when watching videos like this and the Science channel show, How It’s Made, is how, despite the heavy use of machinery, and automation, everything [...]
My son and his cousin love their Strider Bikes. And my dad is teaching them to race. Strider Bikes The Strider Bike is an awesome product. It’s the only toddler running bike that I’ve seen that is adjustable for 1 year olds and 3 year olds. I wrote a review of Strider’s pedal-less kick bikes [...]
Riding a bike is a sublime experience. Propelling yourself across the planet is serene, healthy and fun. Your travel is limited to your imagination, and the end of the road or trail. But what do you do if you want to take to the sea or the sky under your own power? Well, here are [...]
Around 7 minutes into this awesome 4 year old helmet cam video he starts trying to get his dad to do a big drop. This kid is awesome! This video from YouTube user Mainhaole was shot on Hellion Trail at Highland Mountain Bike Park in Northfield New Hampshire. The trail is a grey rated, which [...]
5 year old trials rider Jack made this video as a tribute to his favorite rider Danny MacAskill. My son and I watched this this morning. He says he can do all that stuff on his Strider Bike too… MacAskill is an amazing trials bike rider who jumps off of buildings, rides narrow rails and [...]
I was kind of surprised that he never cracked a smile. I guess it was too important, there was too much to do. He wanted me to close the door, he wanted to “drive that one.” he wanted to go in the bounce house and stay there forever. There was a fundraiser Saturday for High [...]
WARNING: This post suggests you do dangerous things with a bicycle. Chances are your kid is going to do these things anyway, so make sure you help them do it safely. [I'm pretty sure my dad is the one who taught me to ghost ride...] The saying goes, It’s like riding a bike, once you [...]
I first saw the Strider Bike at 24 Hours In The Old Pueblo last year. They had a booth. We had The Dude with us, but he wasn’t walking yet, so he couldn’t ride it, and we didn’t get one. But his grandparents were nice enough to spring one on him for his birthday, so [...]
Persistence of vision is the phenomenon of the eye by which an afterimage is thought to persist for approximately one twenty-fifth of a second on the retina. More -M The Cyclotrope (by tim Wheatley)
- textkitten: Yes! Best dads ever - totally agree...
- Jacob Byers: Great article! You read my mind!been trying to dec...
- Jnr Mc: Thank you, you have sold me on the idea of a gopro...
- Hrothgir Ó Dómhnaill: Wouldn't methane be an issue?...
- Kevin Wade: Nice Post , I really appreciate What you have said...
- GoPro Tips and Tools for Dads September 20, 2012
- Dad Gear: REI Kingdom 6 Tent May 10, 2012
- Toilet Snorkel December 15, 2011
- Dad Gear: REI Camp Pack-N-Prep Tote/Table June 21, 2012
- A Tooth Brushing Adventure November 7, 2012
- Maurice Sendak Google Doodle June 9, 2013
- Shredding with your kid June 6, 2013
- Dad Gear: REI Nesting Tableware Set May 13, 2013
- The Third May 9, 2013
- How Bikes Are Made April 23, 2013