Ok, I know what you’re thinking. Nesting Tableware Set? This is what qualifies as dad gear in your world? IT’S FOR CAMPING!!!! In my world, camping is the man’s domain. The kitchen at home is man’s domain too, but I really only get excited about the camping part, and this camp utensil and dish set [...]
We are lucky enough to live in a rural area in Reno where we have 7 acres to explore before dinner every evening. Sure we eat a little bit late. But fun comes first when the darkness of daylight savings is bearing down on you. When I look back at my childhood I see trees. [...]
We only have one little grommet running around when we go on family outings (for now) but still it forces my love of photography and taking portraits into the back seat. Between wrangling the dude, prepping and schlepping for the dude and just soaking up the natural beauty we came to see, taking photos with [...]
I’m taking the family to Yosemite for 3 nights camping in the valley. Most of my camping in the last decade has been either backpacking or fast and light car camping where I’d just throw something on the grill or eat out of a can so my camping kitchen isn’t what it should be for [...]
The campground host came around riding on his little 4 wheeler and stopped to chat with the family at the next site over. I cracked a beer and set a rock over the tent stakes for added stability. The wind was picking up and clouds were slowly moving north over the lake. The Bibler mountaineering [...]
Few landscapes have continued to capture our imagination for so long as the Alabama Hills, near the town of Lone Pine California on the east slope of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Chances are, you’ve never heard of them but here are a few images you might recognize. There isn’t a great repository of screen [...]
I love camping, but hate the endless pile of containers and gear and bags and gewgaws that I have to take with me in addition to my son and all his crap (a bike, toys, endless snacks and a different helmet for every hour of the day…). Last year I was looking at this gear [...]
Winter is over, summer is here. So it is decreed by the gizzard stone. Put on the shorts and shiver through the last few cold morning and evenings like a man. And while you’re waiting for the summer camping season to really kick in, like most dads you’re probably surfing the web for sweet new [...]
- GoNuclear: Mike -- I see your point, but that's not what I t...
- GoNuclear: Congressman Barton isn't actually employing the s...
- Mike Henderson: Breck, First, if he's citing a biblical flood as...
- GoNuclear: If scientific literacy were universal, then Congre...
- mshtexas: I am really enjoying this website. Ridiculous vid...
- Dad Gear: REI Kingdom 6 Tent May 10, 2012
- GoPro Tips and Tools for Dads September 20, 2012
- Dad Gear: REI Camp Pack-N-Prep Tote/Table June 21, 2012
- A Tooth Brushing Adventure November 7, 2012
- Toilet Snorkel December 15, 2011
- Dad Gear: REI Nesting Tableware Set May 13, 2013
- The Third May 9, 2013
- How Bikes Are Made April 23, 2013
- Strider Bike Racers April 22, 2013
- Book Haul: The Big Bad Book of Beasts by Michael Largo April 18, 2013