Images taken by the Envisat satellite show a massive iceberg breaking off the Petermann glacier in Greenland to become the largest iceberg in the northern hemisphere. The break occurred in August 2010. The animated image below shows the break occurring over several days.
This amazing time lapse video was captured from multiple exposures over entire days on freezing and melting rivers in Colorado. The video is by Daniel Kelly Brown on Vimeo.
This is an interesting video filmed in lake Saarijärvi in Vaala, Finland. If you didn’t figure it out by the end of the video, the divers are upside down. That’s why the air from their SCUBA masks is going down instead of up. They are held up against the bottom surface of the ice by [...]
- GoNuclear: Mike -- I see your point, but that's not what I t...
- GoNuclear: Congressman Barton isn't actually employing the s...
- Mike Henderson: Breck, First, if he's citing a biblical flood as...
- GoNuclear: If scientific literacy were universal, then Congre...
- mshtexas: I am really enjoying this website. Ridiculous vid...
- Dad Gear: REI Kingdom 6 Tent May 10, 2012
- GoPro Tips and Tools for Dads September 20, 2012
- Dad Gear: REI Camp Pack-N-Prep Tote/Table June 21, 2012
- A Tooth Brushing Adventure November 7, 2012
- Toilet Snorkel December 15, 2011
- Dad Gear: REI Nesting Tableware Set May 13, 2013
- The Third May 9, 2013
- How Bikes Are Made April 23, 2013
- Strider Bike Racers April 22, 2013
- Book Haul: The Big Bad Book of Beasts by Michael Largo April 18, 2013