How can I tell if my 4L60E transmission is bad?
3 Symptoms Of A Failing 4L60E Transmission And How To Diagnose The Problems
- No Third Gear – You put the vehicle in drive, start off the transmission, and shift to second gear. …
- No Second Gear/Reverse – The second most common symptom of a failing 4L60E transmission is your inability to shift to second gear and go reverse.
How much does it cost to rebuild a 4L60E transmission?
You can rebuild yourself with basic upgrades from $ 400 to $ 500. You can purchase a converted broadcast with basic upgrades for around $ 1,000.
Is the 4L60E transmission a good transmission?
In short, the 4L60E is an excellent transmission that continues to be improved. It’s one of the most popular automatic transmissions in America, and there are still millions of them in use. Gearstar builds high performance transmissions that are handbuilt in our shop.
What are common problems with 4L60E transmission?
30 Common 4L60E Transmission Problems & Repair | Charlotte NC
- Slow, slipping or no reverse: “lo-reverse” clutches are worn out, fluid leak in the reverse apply circuit, or broken sunshell. …
- 1-2 shift does not happen at WOT (Wide Open Throttle) until you let off the gas: Best case: try replacing the TPS.
Can I replace my 4L60E with a 4L80E?
The 4L80E has been used in a number of 1/2-, 3/4-, and 1-ton GM trucks over the years. Upgrading from the 4L60E to the 4L80E is akin to going from a Dana 44 axle to a Dana 60—you’ll add some weight, but also add durability.
How can I improve my 4L60E?
4L60E Mods for Performance Enthusiasts
- Lay out the important parts on an assembly bench. …
- Rebuild with an improved, thicker sun shell. …
- Use five-pinion front/rear planetary. …
- Use a larger clutch with an input drum reinforcement sleeve. …
- Stamped Steel forward clutch apply pistons.
How much is a new 4L60E?
Compare with similar items
|This item 4L60E 4×4 Stage 2 – Heavy Duty, Tow, Haul, Four Wheel Drive, 500 HP||4L60E 4×4 Z71 2-Piece Transmission Chevy GM GMC Remanufactured 4L60E 6.5″ bell|
|Customer Rating||4.0 out of 5 stars (3)||(0)|
|Sold By||Patriot Transmission & Performance||Patriot Transmission & Performance|
Can you bulletproof a 4L60E transmission?
First of theres no such thing as bullet proofing a 4l60e. If you want bullet proof i would build a 4l80e .
How much HP will a 4L60E handle?
Their Stage 2 Pro Race transmission can handle gobs of power while their Invincible Black Edition 4L60E trans can support over 1,000 ponies.
What years was the 4L60E used?
The 4L60E (and similar 4L65E) is a series of automatic transmissions from General Motors. Designed for longitudinal engine configurations, the series includes 4 forward gears and 1 reverse gear.
GM 4L60-E transmission.
|Body and chassis|
|Class||4-speed longitudinal automatic transmission|